Services Offered at Georgesville Road Animal Hospital in Columbus, Ohio
At Georgesville Road Animal Hospital we strive to make visits as quick and easy as possible. We offer a variety of services on-site to eliminate the need to transport your pet to multiple facilities for diagnostics.
Our services include:
- Allergy Testing: We test for allergies to help identify allergic triggers. We can then customize treatment to fit your pets specific needs.
- Cardiology: We can perform ECGs and blood pressure tests to monitor heart health!
- Care Credit:
- A healthcare credit card that allows you to make convenient monthly payments for procedures and treatments for your pet.
- You can also use if for yourself for a variety of services including: LASIK, dentistry, cosmetic surgery, hearing care and more.
- Client Education:
- Veterinary Partner
- Pet Dental Services: We can perform ultrasonic cleaning and polishing to keep your pets smile bright and healthy. We also can extract problem teeth and you can purchase products to maintain your pet's oral hygiene at home.
- Cremation services provided by Pet Cremation Services, Inc. www.petcremationcolumbus.com
- All cremains are either returned to the family or scattered on a tree farm.
- Private cremation with ashes returned to you in a hardwood box with a nameplate or communal cremation (ashes are not returned to you)
- Geriatric Care: Care for Senior pets
- Annual Diagnostics Offer Proactive Steps for your Senior Pet
- Senior Wellness Programs
- Arthritis Care and Joint Supplementation
- Grooming & Boarding: Lin Lar Pet Boutique is located next Georgesville Road Animal Hospital and provides grooming services and boarding for your pet. Lin Lar Pet Boutique is owned and operated by Mrs. Linda Kittle, Dr. Kittle’s wife.
- Hospitalization: Our veterinary team provides IV fluid therapy with a fluid pump, oxygen support, gastric feeding tubes, and incubation for pets.
- Health Certificates
- HomeAgain Microchipping:
- Laboratory Services: Our full suite of IDEXX lab equipment allows us to perform many lab services in-house. Biochemical profiles, blood counts, urinalysis, cytology, hematocrit/total protein testing, heartworm testing, FeLV/FIV testing, parvovirus testing and intestinal parasite examinations are all services we can perform in our lab. All other laboratory diagnostics are sent to an outside lab and we receive results in 24-48 hours in most cases.
- Ophthalmology: Georgesville Road Animal Hospital offers many services to care for your pets eyes and vision. We provide Tonopen eye pressure tests to test for glaucoma and Schirmer tear testing and fluorescence staining to diagnose other eye issues. Surgical eye procedures include enucleation and entropion surgical repair.
- Pain ManagementPet Insurance:
- Pet Insurance
- Pet Portal - PETLY:
- An easy way to view your pet's health information, request appointments, and refills!
- To sign-up for a Petly page, call us with your current e-mail address, and within 24-48 hours you will receive an activation email.
- Prescriptions and Supplements: We offer a wide range of prescription medications and supplements to keep your pet healthy! Our compound pharmaceuticals deliver treatment customized to fit your pet’s specific needs.
- Flea and Heartworm Preventatives:
- Parasite Prevention for your Pet
- Bravecto: A chewable flea and tick preventative that lasts up to three months
- Trifexis: A chewable tablet that protects against fleas, heartworms, and intestinal parasites that is given monthly
- Para-Defense Advanced: A flea and tick treatment that is applied topically every month
- Interceptor Plus: A chewable medications that is given monthly to prevent heartworm and intestinal parasites
- ProHeart 6: An injectable that provides protection for six months
- Revolution: A treatment that protects against fleas, ear mites, heatworms, hookworms and roundworms and is applied topically, every month
- Para-Defense for Cats: A topical treatment that is applied monthly to prevent fleas
- Bravecto: A topical flea and tick treatment that lasts three months
- Surgery: If your pet needs a surgical procedure Georgesville Animal Hospital has a highly-skilled team of veterinary surgeons to care for them. All pets receive pre-anesthetic bloodwork analysis, pain medications provided both pre- and post-operation, IV catheters, IV fluid therapy and ECG monitoring. Routine surgical procedures we offer include:
- Anesthesia is closely monitored by a registered veterinary technician.
- Pre and Post Operative Pain Management
- Soft Tissue Surgeries
- Routine Spay & Neuter
- Earcropping (pure breeds only)
- Feline declawing
- Tail docking & declaw removal
- Radiology, Ultrasound, & Digital X-Ray: We have an ultrasound and digital radiological suite located on-site. We also have received OFA certification.
- Referrals to Board Certified Specialists
- If your pet needs to be referred to a specialist or needs 24 hour intensive care hospitalization, we will not hesitate to offer you a referral to MedVet, OSU, or MedVet Hilliard.
- Wellness Examinations: Wellness exams are an overall assessment of your pet's general health. These exams are critical to ensuring your pet remains healthy and that any problems are detected early-on. We meticulously examine your pet from nose to tail and we encourage owners to voice any concerns they have about their pet's health. Healthy pets should have a wellness exam every year and senior pets or pets with recurring health problems should schedule a wellness exam every six months. Healthy pets should have a wellness exam every year and senior pets or pets with recurring health problems should schedule a wellness exam every six months.
- Thorough physical examinations from nose to tail
- New pet adoption exams
- Progressive vaccine protocol
- Non-aluminum additive feline vaccines to decrease the threat of fibrosarcomas (cancerous) tumors
- Vaccine schedule to best fit your pet's breed and lifestyle
Schedule an Appointment with our Caring Veterinarians in Columbus, OH
At Georgesville Road Animal Hospital we offer a wide variety of services to keep your pet healthy. Call (614) 272-0162 to schedule an appointment with any of our skilled and trusted Columbus veterinarians today.